Tuesday, November 19, 2013

"When the pathway of life takes a cruel turn, there is the temptation to ask the question “Why me?” At times there appears to be no light at the end of the tunnel, no sunrise to end the night’s darkness. We feel encompassed by the disappointment of shattered dreams and the despair of vanished hopes. We join in uttering the biblical plea, “Is there no balm in Gilead?” We feel abandoned, heartbroken, alone. We are inclined to view our own personal misfortunes through the distorted prism of pessimism. We become impatient for a solution to our problems, forgetting that frequently the heavenly virtue of patience is required.
Whenever we are inclined to feel burdened down with the blows of life, let us remember that others have passed the same way, have endured, and then have overcome.

From the bed of pain, from the pillow wet with tears, we are lifted heavenward by that divine assurance and precious promise: “I will not fail thee, nor forsake thee.” Such comfort is priceless.

Our Heavenly Father … knows that we learn and grow and become stronger as we face and survive the trials through which we must pass."

-President Thomas S. Monson


As we find ourselves going through hard times and wishing that there was relief, remember that God loves more than we could ever imagine. Remember that we are His children, and through trials, if we let Him, He will shape us into what He knows we can become. We can reach our divine potential through facing trials with humility and love for the Savior. I know that my Savior lives, and that He died for me and for ALL of His children. I know that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is the true church here on the earth today. I am grateful for a living prophet who guides the church through Jesus Christ and our dear Heavenly Father. I hope that we can all remember that others have gone through the same things as us, and "have endured, and then have overcome". Let us all endure well so that we may overcome with a stronger testimony and a more pure love for Christ. 

Have a wonderful Tuesday!





1 comment:

  1. I found myself laughing and crying. I love your blog. I will follow you on your journey. P.

    ReplyDelete