Tuesday, November 12, 2013

MY ADVENTURES THIS WEEK:

So you don't have to worry about Frank (our creepy neighbor) anymore. He's pretty much a cool guy. We don't talk to him... really at all... but we're not completely weirded out by him anymore. Elder and Sister C are a Senior missionary couple who work in the mission office. President was busy so he sent them out to check the apartment and Frank and stuff. Elder C checked everything out. He said it seemed fine. We are getting new and better locks put on the doors this week though. But he pretty much used his priesthood power in a prayer to bless our apartment with safety for us. It was pretty awesome. And then they took us out to eat... that was pretty good too. (: I've been sleeping with a crowbar too... so no need to worry. I've got it ALL under control. (: 

Our Sacrament meeting is pretty dang loud. It drives me crazy. But I don't really understand what everybody is saying anyways... so it's not THAT bad. (: But this last Sunday I think that I ran a red light... so I might end up having to pay 50 bucks for that. Yeaaaahhhh.... 

I'm pretty much planning on getting fat though. I'm pretty sure that whenever the Spanish people look at me, they see and obese white girl. Because EVERY TIME I am fed, they put enough food on my plate to feed a third world country. The other day when I was on exchanges in the city, I was fed so much that I had to pray that: A). I wouldn't throw up in front of them, and B). that my stomach would expand enough to allow all of that food in so they wouldn't hate me. TRUE STORY. It was pretty traumatic. I ended up not being able to swallow any more. My body wouldn't let me!!! So I had to chug soda with every mouthful just to get it down. (Mexicans don't believe in water. all they drink is soda).Oh. And we just so happen to live right across the road from this really good mexican taqueria. Their tamales are flickin delicious. So don't be surprised if your daughter comes home 50 pounds heavier. But remember... It's not my fault. The Mexicans made me do it.

We are getting Ipads in two weeks!!! P.S: we get to take them home with us after our mission. SCORE.

So remember how I said that I went on exchanges into the city? Well folks, I did. And it was awesome. I street contacted for my first time and then by the end of the day, I pretty much got them like, a billion new potential new investigators. We also taught the Restoration in Spanish, and I actually talked... like the whole time. I'm pretty much a pro now. But one lesson we went to, Hermana S (the one who lives there: she is an STL and goes home in January) told me that they were investigators and they were old. So we go in there and we're all talking and saying all of the nicey nice things that we say, and they ask me to say the prayer. So I do. (I give some pretty nice prayers in Spanish). HOWEVER. After I was done saying the prayer, he turned to his wife and asked her.... GET THIS... if I was even speaking in Spanish?!?!?!?!?!?! I almost died. And every other time I spoke, he would turn to his wife and ask her what I said.... WE WERE SPEAKING THE SAME KIND OF ESPANOL!!! So he obviously didn't like that I was white. Jokes on him. I'm actually black. 

So I'm pretty much not sleeping very well at night on account of trains running by our house every ten minutes. 24 hours of the day. They like to honk their horns REAL loud. And sometimes for an obnoxious amount of time. So today I am planning on getting a natural sleep aid and let nature do it's thing on me so I can be nice during the day. (: Moral of the story: don't buy an apartment next to the train tracks or you won't sleep... EVER.)


My companion and I went knocking the other night... and if I may say so myself... It is dang hilarious when people look through their windows to see who it is, and when they see that it's us, they get this horrified panicked look on their faces... and never come to the door. (: It's the same way when we are walking down the street. People coming towards us look like they are desperately praying that we wont talk to them. Sometimes I laugh out loud about it.... it's something I'm working on. Oh yeah. Apparently there are a butt ton of Jehova's Witnesses out here too. They are out on Saturdays, and we've run into them a few times while walking. It's pretty durn hilarious. They DONT like us. We call them "jay-dubs". They can pretty much smell us from a mile away. 

We come to the local library every day to do Facebook and then on p-days to email. Every day there is this cute old homeless man that is here. He gets on the computers sometimes, but he usually just finds a book to put on his lap and he sleeps in a chair. I think he mostly just likes being warm and having the chance to sleep. But one day he was sleeping... and I felt like I should do something nice for him. I didn't know what to do! So I decided that I would give him some dinero. (That might be against the rules...oops!) So I wrote 'May God bless you! Have a great day!' on a pass along card (which inconveniently was in Spanish) and put them next to him. I never saw him wake up and get it, but I hope he got himself something real nice with the money I gave him. (Don't worry. I only gave him five dollars). 


And last but not least... There is an hermana in our ward.Her name is Hermana C. I met her the first week. She had just gotten back from visiting her family in Ecuador. She was baptized there by her brother right before she came back! She is super awesome. She speaks perfect english (convenient). We made an appointment with her. We went and visited with her the first time and it was awesome! She honestly didn't really know anything about the church. She had so many questions for us! It was amazing. We ended up answering a bunch of questions. Her faith in what we told her was really inspiring to me. She just left last night to go to boot camp. She is going to be in the Navy! She is 30 years old and a complete boss. She was really nervous about it, so we had her get a priesthood blessing on Sunday. It was only the second one she had ever had. It was pretty special. But we went and visited her yesterday before she left to get pictures and stuff. Her mom was there! (it's her mom's house, but we hadn't met her the last time). Her and her mom asked more questions about the church and what we do as missionaries. We left a card with our names and number on it with her and told her that we were more than willing to help her out with anything she needed. That night around 8, we got a call from Hermana C... She was on her way to the hotel she had to stay at before checking in to boot camp. She was with her mom. She told us that her mom was wondering if we could come over on Saturday and help her get rid of some clothes that they would be getting rid of because she would be gone for a long time, or donate them to investigators, missionaries, or people in the ward who needed it. I almost peed my pants. WE'RE IN! We pretty much are going to baptize her. (: 
 
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment