Friday, November 22, 2013

Happy Friday Everyone!


This week has been something special indeed. My companion and I have a new investigator who I most definitely think is a complete gem. AND, yesterday at the zone conference, I got two packages from my mommy (LOVE that woman)… and we got I-pads!!!!!!! The Chicago, Illinois mission is the ninth mission in the world to be given I-pads. We are one of the first! We have been given so many amazing tools on them to help us work more efficiently. I am so grateful that the Lord trusts his children/missionaries enough to allow us to be a part of hastening his work in these latter days. The Lord has much to do and He is allowing us to help Him. I’m grateful for the part I get to play in helping the Lord’s work move forward.

“As missionaries enter this new age where they will use computers in the work of the Lord, we invite the young and the old, the adults, the young adults, the youth, and the children everywhere to join with us in this exciting new work by becoming Facebook friends with the missionaries in your area on your own computers and sharing their gospel messages online and by becoming involved in missionary work yourselves.
Nothing in these prophetic calls to action has changed. The greatest responsibility any of us has, no matter our calling or station in the Church, is to preach the gospel. This is as true today as it was in Joseph Smith’s day or in any other dispensation of time.
Ask a full-time missionary here today what their mission purpose is, and I am confident that each would answer emphatically: “My purpose is to ‘invite others to come unto Christ by helping them receive the restored gospel through faith in Jesus Christ and His Atonement, repentance, baptism, receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost, and enduring to the end’ ” 
Surely there could not be a more exciting time to be involved in the Lord’s work. In a world where we can so easily share our testimonies, the kingdom of God will surely spread, like the stone in Nebuchadnezzar’s dream, until it fills the whole world.”
-Elder L. Tom Perry

I know that this is the Lord’s work! And I am so excited to be a part of it!

On a side note, I got to see my lovely hermanas from Mexico; Hermana Hatch, and of course, Hermana Hammond!



Me, Hermana Hatch, and Hermana Hammond

(Shout-out to Hermana Hammond's mom! Thanks for reading my blog! (:  )

1 comment:

  1. The work is hastening! We love that missionaries are able to access the internet and use this resource to share the gospel! Hermana's Hatch, Hammond and Pearson are so awesome! The Lords children are in good hands!
    <3 Mommia Pearson

    ReplyDelete