Tuesday, November 26, 2013

“When life gets too hard to stand, kneel.” –Gordon B. Hinckley
  




On my mission, I have come to more fully appreciate the power of prayer; especially in this past week. I’m going to be really honest here and say that a mission is NOT easy! I have had many discouraging moments, even moments when I have felt alone. But I want to let everybody know that we are NEVER alone. Our Heavenly Father is always there for us, pushing us along when we are having a hard time. There have been times so far where I have had to put my hand in the Savior’s and ask Him to help me to keep going. These moments make the moments of joy and gladness even more precious. I KNOW that prayer works. Prayer is a priceless gift we have been given from our Father in Heaven who loves us more than we could ever imagine. I found this quote from a 1993 General Conference talk called “Peace through Prayer” by Rex D. Pinegar:


Our Father in Heaven has promised us peace in times of trial and has provided a way for us to come to Him in our need. He has given us the privilege and power of prayer. He has told us to “pray always” and has promised He will pour out His Spirit upon us. (D&C 19:38.)
Thankfully, we can call upon Him anytime, anywhere. We can speak to Him in the quiet thoughts of our mind and from the deepest feelings of our heart. It has been said, “Prayer is made up of heart throbs and the righteous yearnings of the soul.”
“It is not the usual purpose of prayer to serve us like Aladdin’s lamp, to bring us ease without effort,” Elder Richard L. Evans wrote. “Prayer is not a matter of asking only. It should not be always as the beggar’s upturned hand. Often the purpose of prayer is to give us strength to do what needs to be done, wisdom to see the way to solve our own problems, and ability to do our best in our tasks.

“We need to pray … for strength to endure, for faith and fortitude to face what sometimes must be faced.” (The Man and the Message, Salt Lake City: Bookcraft, 1973, p. 289.)




Happy Tuesday Everyone (:




1 comment:

  1. I was in tears when I read this because I know that you've had a hard time. But I am so grateful that you are willing to understand the process that we go through and KNOW that you are NOT alone. Your Savior is by your side and sometimes carries you through the tough times. Never under estimate the power of prayer-I know that our Father hears us, loves us and will answer us. Always know that many are praying for you and hoping that the holy spirit bears witness of the love that so many have for you! <3 Mommia

    ReplyDelete