Thursday, November 14, 2013

REAL TALK. It's only 3:30 right now and it has already been a SUPER rough day. And not for the reasons you would think. This morning during studies, my companion ended up having to make me stand up while I read my scriptures because I kept falling asleep. However, I almost feel over after falling asleep while standing up. I ended up really waking up right before we left the apartment. We then went to a less active's house for lunch. Which was delicious. She's from El Salvador, but we just ended up eating meat, spaghetti, and broccoli (which I was more than okay with). She was WAY impressed with my Spanish (mmmhhhhmmm (: ). And then she commented on how my eyes were pointed at the ends. She said that in a certain part of Mexico, the people there have the same eyes. My companion ended up convincing her for a second that I really was from Mexico. (because I'm so brown). So after I told her that I wasn't really Mexican, she became convinced that I am Asian. At this point I'm just going to let her believe whatever she wants to believe! I've been asked if I'm Asian more than once. That wasn't the bad part. The bad part was that she had her heat on which made it nice and cozy in there. We were sitting on her couch teaching her a lesson, and for a few seconds, I contemplated in my mind the consequences of falling asleep. Or even laying down.... BUT. I didn't. Because that would have been bad. And I'm a good missionary! 

We then went to meet another less active who has had troubles with past missionaries. We are trying to build trust with her again. We went over, not expecting to eat. But guess what? We ate. She made us a dish called Mole......

I. Do. Not. Like. Mole.

It was so hard for me to eat it. I had just eaten, and she gave me so much! (Do NOT think that I am complaining about being fed, because it is a HUGE blessing). However, my stomach has not adjusted to be able to eat all of the food that the Hispanics want to feed us. It was so hard to eat it because I was full. And on top of that.... it was disgusting. My companion however loves Mole and didn't have one problem eating ALL of it. I was convinced that there was no way that I could finish it. (the Spanish culture is one where you pretty much have to eat everything that they put in front of you. If you don't.... well... then you're pretty much shunned). My companion and I went back into the living room to get our scriptures, and she pretty much told me I didn't have a choice. That I was to eat it all... Nope. Yeah. That's exactly what she said. I nearly started crying. BUT I DID IT!!! I FINISHED IT ALL! I am so proud of myself. And the lady who did this to me is still way adorable and I love her.

And last night, the other hermanas and us went on splits for a dinner appointment. I ended up tracting with the other hermana. And guess what? I got my companion and I TWO new potential new investigators. I am so dang proud of myself. I can't wait to teach these people! I LOVE THE GOSPEL!

Now... The spiritual thought for the day. (:

"In the sight of the Lord, it is not so much what we have done or where we have been, but much more where we are willing to go."   "Look ahead and believe" -Elder Edward Dube

THANKS FOR STOPPING BY!

1 comment:

  1. That's hilarious! well, in a way, at least. maybe you could just plan on going to appts. hungry just in case. By the way, your complexion is beautiful. Love the pictures.

    ReplyDelete