Saturday, November 23, 2013

"Heavenly Father desires that we find true, lasting happiness. Our happiness is the design of all the blessings He gives us—gospel teachings, commandments, priesthood ordinances, family relationships, prophets, temples, the beauties of creation, and even the opportunity to experience adversity. His plan for our salvation is often called “the great plan of happiness” (Alma 42:8). He sent His Beloved Son to carry out the Atonement so we can be happy in this life and receive a fullness of joy in the eternities." -LDS.org

(Love this guy)

I love both of these quotes! Sometimes I find that it is easier to feel sorry for ourselves and to feel sad or discouraged. Why is that? I think that it is because sometimes we allow Satan to make us feel this way. I have found, especially since I have been on my mission, that we HAVE to look to Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ when things get hard. We cannot do this on our own! HE WANTS US TO BE HAPPY!



I'm even learning how to be happy in the FREEZING cold! (:




And as you all may (not) know, I just celebrated my 'hump week'! I have successfully made it through half of my first transfer! I still have plenty more to go...
(Hermana Izu made me and Hermana Mortensen 'hump' cookies with flags that congratulated us on making it halfway through. For me, halfway through my first transfer, and for my companion, halfway through her mission. What a doll.)



Happy Fin De Semana Everyone (:



1 comment:

  1. Trust in what you know… Great advise from President Shake in a time that I needed it. Don't allow speculation, worry or doubt tear down your personal strength….things always do workout! <3 Mommia Pearson

    ReplyDelete