Thursday, January 16, 2014

Hello everyone! I feel REAL bad. My mom reminded me (again) that I have been slacking on updating my blog. Which I have. She's right. She's always right. :) But I figured today that I would share something that I have grown to love! And it has everything to do with... THE SCRIPTURES! I love the scriptures. A LOT. But something that I have been doing recently is something that I've never thought to do before. Right before Christmas, my mission president challenged the entire mission to read the Book of Mormon before April General Conference. And me being me, I'm all like, "Challenge accepted!". But then he made it a little interesting! He invited us to, while we're reading, mark every time it mentions Jesus Christ and every time it mentions the Atonement. (The Atonement is the name we use for when Christ suffered and died for each one of us so that we could repent and return to our Father in Heaven). I have been doing it every day since! And let me just tell you... It has been an amazing experience. I never realized how many times the Book of Mormon references Christ and the Atonement! I decided to do something a little more for myself; I am writing down every name that Christ is given. There's a lot. And when I say a lot, I mean A TON. But that's so cool, right?! I'm almost done with Mosiah now and I am so pumped to get into Alma. If you haven't heard of the Book of Mormon, or you have and just haven't read it, FIND ONE, and READ IT! I can promise you that this book is true and that it will bless your life more than you could ever imagine. But I challenge all of you to do this with me! Will you do it?!


 

All of the names of Christ used in the Book of Mormon (so far)


I use the color blue to mark His names and the color green to mark when it references the Atonement 



Love it. Don't know where it's from, but Sis. Butterfield sent it to me in an email. Thanks! (:

1 comment:

  1. I am teaching at Ward Conference tomorrow in the Shenandoah Valley Ward and their theme is feasting on the words of Christ. I am going to issue the same challenge that you were given. :) Thank you for the inspiration!! Love, Mommia

    ReplyDelete