Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Oh My. 

It feels like I haven't posted something on my blog for almost a billion years! That's probably because I haven't. So... sorry about that. 

Anywho...

Yesterday. It was great. We were supposed to have a busy day, but a few people ended up backing out. It was still okay though. We were invited to go to a less active member's home for lunch out of our area with the other Hermanas. After getting permission, we of course went! Especially because I LOVE this lady! But we went there for lunch! And she made us this DELICIOUS food from Peru. (pictures are below). I was so pumped. Especially because I just love food. So here's what happens. We're having a great time, laugin' it up and all. So then I get to that little purple grape thing that was sitting on my plate. So I ask her what it is (I'm pretty comfortable with this lady). She tells me that it's a Peruvian olive, and that she LOVES them. So I'm all like, okay! I love olives! And right as I put it in my mouth she decides to tell me that it's a 'little' acidic. I. Almost. Died. I couldn't keep my face from contorting and opening my mouth hoping that someone or something would come take it off of my tongue and out of my mouth. Thankfully, she thought it was funny. So naturally, she took a picture and sent it to her husband. It was horrible. But then I moved on to my other plate. Which was delicious. But here's the thing.... I eat really slow. And when I say that I eat really slow, I mean that it took me fifteen minutes to finish eating after the other three had. It was so hard! There was just So much. Have you ever had one of those times where you eat so much that your stomach gets hard? Yeah. That happened. I tried taking a break to give my tummy some time! But Hermana was all like, " Eat!" And I had to be like, "Listen lady, I have to take a break because I'm getting ready to throw up and my stomach is all hard-like." (Just in nicer terms). And she didn't believe me! So she came over and touched it.... Yup. She touched my stomach. Confirmed. Hard as a rock. And then I told her this story about how we were at the library, and this guy asked me if I was pregnant...... Oh yeah. He asked. "NO MAN! I'M NOT PREGNANT! I'M JUST IN THE SPANISH PROGRAM, OKAY?!?!" I of course didn't say that. I just politely said no. "Oh. Okay. You just look like you're pregnant." He says. YO MOMMA DIDN'T TEACH YOU NOTHIN! Sigh. This is what it has come to. I really haven't gained that much weight. It's my peacoat... I swear. But she took pictures of my stomach too. Because she thought it was so hilarious. I'm going to have to start charging this woman.

 But that is all folks. My story of the day. I hope you all enjoyed! 





No comments:

Post a Comment