Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Hello World! (or current reader)

Today I have been thinking a lot about the Christmas season. I don't know why today has been especially different to make me think of Christmas, but I have. It may be all of the snow we got and how cold it is here in Chicago! I am pretty much dying. We thaw out eventually, though. But the point is, that after thinking of Christmas so much today, I really wasn't too excited or happy, or even grateful. All I could think about was how I was going to be away from my family for Christmas for the first time EVER. I thought about how I wouldn't be there with them and how I was going to miss all of our family traditions as well. I miss our tree, shopping for presents for family and friends, listening to Christmas music everywhere, and being with my family. I figured out though that Heavenly Father had to remind me of something. I came across this Mormon message while looking for something else. 


I was instantly humbled. I had forgotten the whole meaning behind Christmas. It's not about the traditions, the presents, the music, or the decorations (all though all of these things are good). This season is about Christ and His birth. I need to remember this! I need to think of our Savior this Christmas. He is the reason for the season! 

"The spirit of Christmas illuminates the picture window of the soul. To catch the real meaning of the spirit of Christmas, we need only drop the last syllable, and it becomes the spirit of Christ."
-Thomas S. Monson


Have a great Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment